Because this is the basement bathroom with no windows I wanted it to be bright and warm (not dark and dank). Orange and yellow seemed to be a naturally cheerful combination and the gray added a touch of style.
Just because this is a bathroom doesn't mean it has to have typical bathroom art (florals or seashells).We went with a couple unique and quirky pieces for visual interest.
Before + After
- white paint - free! (old owner left it behind)
- Chinchilla White (gray) paint - $5 tester pot
- orange hand towel and facecloth - $10 (on clearance from HomeSense)
- large painting - $40 (on sale from local decor store)
- lightbulb print - $11 (from Etsy shop Rococco Co)
- frame - $8 (from Value Village)
- toilet paper dispenser and garbage can - $30 (from Home Outfitters)
- soap and lotion - free! (christmas gift from the in-laws)
- TOTAL: $104 (for a completely new look!)